2018 DT Proxy Car Build Rules (updated 4/11/2018)
- Body must represent a pre-70s car. Must be plastic or resin. No diecast.
- Body must completely cover chassis when viewed from above.
- Body/windows must cover chassis/gear plate. No protruding gear plates.
- Body must attach with two screws of any kind at stock locations.
- Must use stock replacement plastic front guide pin that will fit original model motoring track.
- Must have front and back glass.
- Chassis must be stock originally made by Aurora with either copper or silver electricals.
- Stock replacement electrical parts allowed, copper or silver. No soldering or other mods.
- Any pick-up shoe allowed that resembles stock shape (original length, step down, rail contact pad, etc.)
- No Wide, long, and/or ‘ski-shoes’ allowed.
- Gear plate rails may be cut or sanded to lower the body.
- All original gears. 9t pinion only.
- Motor must be any original Aurora 2 lam armature including drag, mean green, tuff ones, Christmas tree, etc.
- Only original Aurora Ceramic Magnets or Dash Magnets.
- No weights
- Any original Aurora t jet axle may be used including stock, truck or tuff ones.
- Any plastic/resin wheels may be used.
- No brass/metal front ends.
- Tires slip on only. No glue.
- No O rings
- Max weight 24 grams of car
- Max width 1 5/16” whole car
- Max height 1 5/16” of car
- Max length 3” of car